Celebrating the Epiphany of our Lord

Celebrating the Epiphany of our Lord

Introducing Brim Leigh Buchanan - our newest grandchild!

Introducing Brim Leigh Buchanan - our newest grandchild!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wondrous Christmas


Grace and peace to you all as this day glows like a jewel that becomes unearthed from the rock. Awe is the only word that comes to mind as
we sing the songs that are so familiar, yet He
reveals new meaning that inspires our hearts to the wonder and amazement of Him.


The people were warm and welcoming in our two Christingle services; near capacity crowds for Happy Valley Moravian. It was so pleasant to see familiar faces and many new ones. The smell of beeswax and fresh greenery was a perfect fit for these outdoor people. And it was truly a privilege to worship with them.


It was a white Christmas, but this week promises to unload at least a meter of fresh snow. People can hardly wait as they have been itching to get their skiddoos and snowshoes out; me included (we don't have either, but I wish to acquire some of those shoes that keep you on top of the snow. (-;


My joy has been to see so many people come and worship; to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a new way. Our Christingle services were bi-lingual, and I had the privilege (again), of leading the Inuktitut worship on the 1st Sunday of Advent. She wanted me to also lead today, but I felt I wasn't ready yet.


On our 4 Sundays of Advent, we held a bilingual Christmas sing-song, a craft evening, Christmas caroling at the retirement homes, and a Bing Crosby Christmas movie nite. It was such fun.


Now more than ever, George and I thank you for your cards, gifts, and your prayers. It was comforting to be remembered as we miss you all so dearly. My hope is that through this blog, I can share our joy with you. We are truly grateful for all things God places within our lives. God's wonders are everywhere.


My the opportunities to share Jesus Christ with the world reveal themselves in a most beautiful way for you. love, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment